Certain student housing has shared parking in a smaller parking lot. There are more students than there are parking spaces, so it is important that everyone in the complex respects their neighbour. Please follow these helpful practices below:
- Park between the parking lines. Not on top of the lines.
- Do not block entrances/exits.
- Do not block fire lanes.
- Remove any vehicles that are not in use (ie. broken down).
- No overnight visitors' cars in the parking lot. Find them somewhere else to park.
- There are no "designated spots" so respect each other.
Other student housing has driveway parking. Vehicles may need to be shifted to accomodate who is leaving earliest in the morning. In order for this to work effectively, communication by all vehicle owners is a must. If you move around the cars at night, then you will not be waking up someone in the morning to move their car.
Again, be respectful.
If you decide to park on the streets of St Catharine's then you are taking on the rules they have set in place. If you are not aware of them, follow this link to have a better understanding of these rules:
If you are having problems in the rental parking area, you need to have a house meeting to discuss these problems, and come up with solutions within your house. If you are having issues in the rental parking lot, then you need to speak respectfully to your neighbours and come up with solutions.