There are all different kinds of pests, such as raccoons, skunks, birds, squirrels, mice and rats. These pests can be cute, but can also causes some big issues. Here is a list of practices you should follow to avoid getting exterior pests:
- Use tight sealing garbage bins. Garbage bins act as an all you can eat buffet for these scavengers.
- Do not leave food outside.
- Do not feed the animals.
- Do not leave anything outside for them to use as shelter.
- Ensure your garbage is picked up weekly, and you never leave it during any winter or summer break.
Interior pests can include bedbugs, mice, rats, spiders or carpenter ants. Some of these things are inevitable, but all are definitely preventable. Here is a list of practices you should follow to avoid getting interior pests:
- Store food in air tight containers.
- Never leave food out.
- Clean the house and the dishes regularly.
- Remove garbage regularly.
- Vacuum often and remove clutter.
- Buy/receive used furniture or clothing with extreme caution.
- Do not bring furniture from the curb into the house.
- Clean. Clean. Clean. Pests don't like clean houses.
If you come across pests, and you cannot control them. Please use the maintenance form to reach out, and we will get it taken care of. But please, help us help you and follow the practices above.
Here is a video on how to check for bed bugs. Before bringing any used furniture in the house, please use this video to thoroughly check.
Bed bugs are extremely difficult to get rid of, so work together to keep the house safe & clean.